Carpet is one of the famous floor covering found in every residential, commercial and various establishments. Broadloom also known as wall-to-wall is one of the famous types of carpet that is popular in the market. Broadloom carpet is a woven and wide carpet. This carpet has an advantage especially if you will use this on a large room because they can be installed without creating obvious joint. Broadloom is a standalone carpet. They are more handy and comfortable to install compared to other types of carpet. They can also carry big sizes that other carpets cannot. This carpet has a wide range of styles and designs that is why our client chose broadloom carpet for his yacht in Subic Yacht Club, Subic Bay, Philippines. Broadloom carpet from DS Windows and Walls can be pile woven or loop woven.
Pile Woven is a machine cut carpet made from heat set REVS Polypropylene. This type of pile is very durable with better performance at the same time can give great contentment.
Loop Woven is the type of carpet that is more on plane and graphic patterns made from 100% polypropylene fiber. The visual patterns of this carpet gives simple yet clean look to whole interior.
Installation of this type of carpet is not that hard. A simple carpenter and carpet installer or even you can simply do the task successfully. Below are some essential things you need to know when installing a carpet:
- Check if the carpet that you purchased is correct with regard of the texture, design, sizes and the adhesive to be use.
- Your floor must be clean, smooth, dry. For a hassle free installation, an efficient damp proof covering must be included into the construction of the solid subfloors.
- Under floor heating should be switched off 48 hours before the installation and should not be turned on until at least 48 hours after completion. Peak temperatures must be avoided for a further 7 days.
- Install the carpet with the pile laying in the same direction. If possible, lay down the carpet on the length of the room to avoid various number of joint.
- Start at the corner far from the door. Put the first piece, lapping up the walls to allow ample from trimming.
- Lay the second piece, and trim the edge adjacent to the first piece, overlap the second piece onto the edge of the first piece, use the trimmed edge as a guide.
- To prepare a firm seam joint, overlap the edge of the first piece onto the second piece approximately 3mm.
- Fold back both edges by half of your carpet. Apply adhesive to the floor and place the first piece.
- Squeeze seam-sealing adhesive onto the primary backing along the edge of the first piece.
- Put on the second piece, start at the center and press the edge into the joint adhesive along the entire length. The remainder of the carpet not yet stuck down must be secured as described, then trimmed at the perimeter.
- Lastly, after laying each piece of the carpet into the adhesive, directly apply pressure with a broom or light roller to ensure its adhesion.
Most of the broadloom carpet from DS Windows and Walls Interior Supply are fire resistant and easy to clean. For inquiries regarding the products and services of DS Windows and Walls, just call us at (02) 893-1373 / (02) 403-3262 / 0916-311-3909 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may aslo visit our stores at 2nd level Pacific Mall, Lucena City, 3rd level Robinsons Metro East, Pasig City and 4th level Waltermart, Makati City. You may also browse our Facebook page and like us at www.facebook.com/windowblindsphilippines.
- Posted by nenaragonot
- On May 29, 2013
- 0 Comment